Thursday, August 09, 2007

Hey jealousy

I met a friend for lunch the other day who works at Google. We met in his office in Chelsea so he showed me around a bit before we ate. Maybe I'm just really jealous that he gets to work at a place with gourmet (free) food, a game room, an exercise room, fun themed happy hours and a lateral hierarchy, but I thought the following were a bit unnecessary:

-Razor scooters available to all those who find it more efficent to ride, not walk down the hall.
-A 'spa' salad bar in addition to the regular salad bar.
-Not one but four 20 inch monitors for each engineer.
a regular 'decorate your cubicle contest. (I saw last contests winners who's cubicle was decorated like a harem.
-Not one but four cappuccino makers on the floor.

Seriously. Work should not be that fun.

|