Thursday, April 30, 2009

Losing my lunch

This was the most disturbing part of last night's press conference:


President Barack Obama said Wednesday night that waterboarding authorized by former President George W. Bush was torture and that the information it gained from terror suspects could have been obtained by other means. "In some cases, it may be harder," he conceded at a White House news conference capping a whirlwind first 100 days in office.


How could he possibly know that this information could have been obtained in other ways? What if they couldn't obtain the information in other ways? Will he be held accountable for the deaths of Americans if G-d forbid they occur when it could have possibly been prevented?

I also noticed that when Obama made the statement that waterboarding is torture, he followed it up with 'And I'm not the only one who thinks this way' or something to that effect. It sounded so juvenile to me. As if he isn't confident enough in his own views and feels he has to prove that people are backing him up.

I'm not sure if I'm more disgusted or frightened.

|